Friday, October 12, 2012

Made up faces

(marking my territory!)
 
Right, anyway...  Worked on this (above) on Friday.  I just really needed to work on something, and something BIG.  (Yeah it's pretty big...  50" x 36"?)    I'm a little disappointed with how sloppy it is...  I'm considering reworking/redoing the image.  The rough brushstrokes I don't mind, but it's the water dripping--when the surface tension broke, and a stream of diluted ink rolled down the nice clean white of the page...  I died a little inside.  Less on the dramatic side-- I'm trying to decide how much a graphic quality I want; should I try to render it more to a realistic form (with more washes)?  should I make it more stark in contrast?

 Some doodly business on my wall...


Hm...  It's crooked....

Clearly a much different aesthetic from the graphic quality of Mr. Rat-Man...  But I'm trying to work out another idea.  Will be erasing into the face later, very much literally speaking to the erasure of human identity in posthuman ideology. 

I'm a literal person, sue me!

No comments:

Post a Comment