Friday, November 2, 2012

post-mid term blues

ahhh...  Mid-term has come and gone, and I did alright.  I really could have done better, but heck!  I waited 5 hours for my advisor to show up, and all my thoughts pooped out on me.  It's only mid-term...  ho-hum.

But since then, the evolution of the rat-peeps: 





I seem to like where this (above) is going...  Was working on it today.  Mainly charcoal (layers of willow + fix, and charcoal powder) on sections of paper mended together.

Aside from Thesis, I've just been trying to keep my hands busy.  At some point, I really am going to have to sell some work for small bucks.  And well heck, I've gotta brush up my skills, keep 'em fresh.

I don't know if it's because I have retained what I've learned, and learned from my mistakes, or it's because I'm not pressured with deadlines and gradings, but I have never felt so comfortable and at ease just painting and printing...




No comments:

Post a Comment