Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Some actual art!

currently untitled

Artist(s)/year(s): Myself/2009.10.07
program/tools: Collage (paper, cardboard, paints, and other misc. scraps)
Time taken: I'd say about 4 hours...
Original Size: 12" x 16"

This is the first part of the 2nd assignment in my painting studio. First we make a collage, scale up, and paint EXACTLY. I know, I know, I've dug my own grave with all the texture in there... But in the end, if I am successful, I'll be just SO SO SO very happy (;u;)... And if not... At least I made a really cool collage! Honestly, I've never thought too much about collages... But this one was really fun. I think I'll do this again sometime.

We also needed to make a colour photocopy of this, and it looks pretty good as a copy. I'd even sell it as a print if I had a larger fan-base/generally people just interesting in my works, and money... Maybe I will some day. Maybe.

It feels a little odd that there is only one image on there (the goldfish). It would probably have worked the same without it... The collage is mostly about the feel of some of the materials, and mostly I considering a study of the properties of cardboard. I had fun with cardboard last year, so that was kinda brought in here. And the boxes... Last year in my NS&S class, we worked with grids (not in the Modernist way), and it was fun also. Plus, there's something about boxes that just makes you read them a certain way--there's a certain organised quality to them...

No comments:

Post a Comment