Monday, September 24, 2012

Old Work #2: Selected Printed Works

I previously mentioned in a post (a really depressing post) that I spent last year (2011-Summer 2012) working on my minor (printmaking).

I haven't scanned/photographed everything...  And I somehow lost a couple prints.  So, that's always great...


I haven't actually pulled prints off this.  It's a 4' x 3' woodcut, I'd be spending a fortune on paper trying to pull suckers off this.  I actually called this a painting, with exploration on use of materials (i.e. exposing the raw wood by gouging.).
test linocut from non-toxic printmaking class.  I'm just a dork who really wanted to draw a Robin.



Originally I wanted to do a reduction print this image, but I was having trouble with the inks (water soluble!), and registering.  It wasn't worth all the trouble it was causing me.
They were also hand burnished with a barren.  That really wasn't fun.
"Finding Comfort in Your Defenses".  Summer 2011.

Detail #1

Detail #2


Another from my Non-Toxic class.
"We Have the Technology"

 The assignment, if I recall, was looking at combining Natural and Un-natural/man-made.  I think I just really wanted to draw Lee Majors/the Bionic Man.






No comments:

Post a Comment